Senior Network Operations Engineer
Our client, a Tier-1 investment banking group is seeking for a Senior Network Operations Engineer to join their team.
- Drive the partners/suppliers to participate actively in daily network operations activities to ensure the stability of the network/voice infrastructure
- Monitor and manage the LAN/WAN network, connectivity between all datacenters, sites and extranets
- Ensures network devices firmware and OS are up to standard and apply/upgrade patches on a regular basis.
- Experience on Automating daily network tasks using scripting(Python)
- Responsible to support, configure and manage Cisco Routers and Switches and event correlation appliances throughout the implementation phases of the infrastructure projects
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with Network Architects on network optimization efforts.
- Act as the escalation point for all network operations issues from all parties within the Bank and manage all related communications processes on a real-time 24x7 basis
- Actively engage with business parties and external vendors for managing operations issues
- To provide comprehensive product knowledge on the data technology required to deliver, support the networks infrastructure
- Provide daily level one operation support for telecom services, eg IPT password reset, configuration setup, equipment deployment, etc
- Manage and collaborate with external vendors such as carriers and cabling contractors for daily and project requirements
- Closely coordinate and conform to Change Management policies, process and procedures on any network changes.
- Maintain and update all network related documentation and risk assessments as required
- Assist Architect team on new infrastructure implementations
- Execute on IT projects related existing infrastructure enhancement
- Diploma/Degree in electrical/electronic engineering, computer engineering or related discipline
- Holder of CCNP (CCIE holder will be a huge plus)
- 5-10 year’s work experience in either the financial or telecommunications industry with an excellent understanding of WAN, LAN and Voice technologies and network operations
- Expertise in Firewall implementation and support (Checkpoint certification is a strong “plus”)
- Strong Background in Automation and Tooling.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP and MPLS technologies
- Good knowledge of DWDM Optical Transport technologies.
- Experience in various network monitoring and telemetry tools in data & security infrastructure such as Solarwind, cPacket, CISCO ISE, ServOne
- Experience in ITIL and defining various network documentation for operations support
- Experience on Automation using Python, Ansible or any other programming language.
- Experience in Change, Incident, and Problem management in banking industry
- Proficiency in SharePoint
- Experience with Vendor management
- Understanding the risk management and work closely with the Bank information security and risk team.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Proactive and possess initiative , self-motivated team player capable of working with minimal supervision,
- Willing to work in non-office hour and provide 7x24 on-call standby support
Our client offers attractive remuneration package. If you are interested in this position, please submit your application and we will reach out for a confidential chat.
Interested parties please send your application to our recruiter via email directly and quote the job reference number if any.