Senior Database Administrator
ITCS Group is a global IT Managed Services firm delivering tangible outcomes for our customers.
We are privileged to include some of the world’s largest banks, insurance firms and multinationals as our customers. We also support smaller start-ups and SME's as they aspire to conquer their markets.
We are expanding on a daily basis and if you're looking for the next step in your career, want to be valued as a professional, and endeavour to exceed expectations - then we want to speak with you.
Headquartered in Singapore and strategically located in Hong Kong, Tokyo, the US, Australia, China, and India.
About the role
Are you a Database Administrator / Database Analyst looking to make a big impact? Perhaps you’re a rockstar at a Service Provider, looking to break into the financial services world.
When you start, your primary focus will be on the most complex or escalated issues and may provide direction and guidance to team members.
As we grow, you’ll be hands-on with Database and automation in the banks modern tech stack.
Day to Day:
- Offer DBA DB2 support for application development team.
- Ensure integrity, availability, security and performance of DB2 database systems by providing technical support and maintenance.
- Monitor database uptime, performance and recommend improvements for operational efficiency.
- Assist in capacity planning, space management and data maintenance activities for database system.
- Perform database enhancement and modification as per the requirements.
- Perform database recovery and backup tasks on daily and weekly basis.
- Develop and maintain patches for database environments.
- Identify and recommend database techniques to support business needs.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need downtime.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another.
- Responsible for pro-active remediation of database operational problems.
- Manages logins and user accounts, including assigning database object permissions and privileges.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree and 5-6 years of relevant experience including database administration, database programming experience or combination of education, training and experience.
- 3 years’ experience as a hands on DB2 database administrator
- Strong Knowledge on Database Installation, Upgrades and Migration.
- Strong Knowledge on applying DB2 Patches and Fixes
- Experience in DB2 database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting (e.g., Bash, Perl).
- Strong understanding of command line and database server administration.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of networking and connectivity and how it relates to a database environment.
- Capacity planning for all aspects of a database system (storage, compute, memory, etc.)
- Ability to work non-standard shift including nights and/or weekend on-call responsibilities
- Knowledge of Business Continuous Plan (BCP)
- Good Knowledge of MS SQL Servers will be advantage.
- Experience with automation and scripting skills using Perl, Python a strong plus will definitely be a plus.
- Strong ITIL principles a plus.
- Experience in Financial Services or other regulated industry preferred be a plus.
- ORACLE database administration experience a plus.
- MySQL database administration experience a plus.
Interested parties please send your application to our recruiter via email directly and quote the job reference number if any.