Unix System Administrator
- Provide in-depth focused support for COLO/DMZ production infrastructure used for high frequency and low latency trading.
- Work very closely and potentially on a daily basis with High Frequency Trading Systems development, PMO, and support teams.
- Provide creative solutions and implement them within short and aggressive timeframes. Lead the acquisition of “know how”.
- Interact confidently and directly with High Frequency Trading desk on a range of Client related needs.
- Occasionally get on the client calls, communicate with clients and interpret client needs into creative design and solutions for COLO DC.
- Participate and lead when required new Exchange connectivity build out projects.
- While these projects are infrequent, when undertaken require work under tight deadlines and very focused execution.
- Responsible for systems availability and smooth operations, troubleshooting, incident investigation, emergency escalation, and root cause analysis.
- Perform system administration tasks: software installation, configuration, software patching, system monitoring, performance tuning, capacity planning, and disaster recovery drills.
- Work with Cross Platform Engineering team to deliver solutions.
- Help to define requirements from operational perspective, negotiate for schedules, drive and implement engineered solutions.
- Carry out system changes by following the company policies and change management procedures, including requirement collection, proposing changes, impact assessment, testing in non-production environment, presentation in Change Management meetings, obtaining approvals, rolling out to production, and post-checking.
- Understand, negotiate, and respond to IT security, auditing, compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Make sure the systems and services are conforming to approved standards and requirements.
- Submit support cases and keep track the status, drive vendor to deliver solutions, fixes, and reports.
- Provide technical documentations of system architecture, operation procedures or run books
- Direct hands-on experience with Enterprise Red Hat Linux (RHEL) on bare metal.
- Decent understanding and experience with latency optimization, capacity and
computational tuning of RHEL on bare metal.
- Scripting skills with any of the following: shell, python, perl.
- Good understanding of AutoSys or similar scheduling tool.
- Good understanding of high-performance computing using HP servers or similar.
- Working understanding of BIOS tuning, firmware options for low latency networking.
- Familiarity with Solarflare, Onload, PTP or similar high performance networking hardware/software stack.
- Working experience with time server technologies ex: Meinberg receivers and GPS or similar.
- Familiar with DNS/DHCP and QIP management software or equivalent.
This position is ONLY for applicants in Japan with valid visa.
Visa sponsorships available for local talent.
Interested parties please send your application to our recruiter via email directly and quote the job reference number if any.