Japan Development Contract
Looking for a senior versatile developer with a ‘can do’ attitude to join tech-savvy Tokyo ‘Unity Trade Data Services’ team. Team is responsible for managing firm’s strategic, cross-asset global trade processing platform and applications. Platform is highly distributed, scalable and robust (available 24x7) with real-time replication across 3 regions - Asia, Europe and America with user base (3,500+) across the globe from different business streams e.g. Rates, Credit, FX, Exotic.
- Work on implementing new functionalities/enhancements to the global and domestic applications
- Take full ownership of the assigned tasks and manage full software/project life cycle (SDLC), starting from requirements analysis, user communication/coordination till deployment.
- High quality deliveries e.g. documentation, code/test coverage, code review, testing, post-release checks, adherence to the Nomura’s SDLC procedure/policies.
- Level 2/3 support, involves working with production support teams on prod issues/application releases. Fast turnaround on system fixes and addressing user’s queries in timely manner.
- Participate in the local/global team meetings and keep up to date local/remote manager
Mandatory (must-have) qualifications:
- Strong core java (J2SE 1.8 or above) programming & debugging skills with deep understanding of java API/language features e.g. memory management, multithreading, collections framework, streams, lambda.
- Working knowledge or application development experience with C or C++. Candidate must be comfortable with making changes, compiling and building C/C++ applications in Linux environment.
- Knowledge of Design patterns, Agile methodologies, Spring framework, Apache Camel, Maven, JIRA, Gitlabs and Testing frameworks e.g. JUnit, Mockito
- Self-starter, quick learner with excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills - able to handle tasks/projects independently as well as coordinate/manage communication with stakeholders/other teams
- Business level English language skills.
- Conversational/Business level Japanese language skills – Candidate must be comfortable working with the Japanese documents, programs, applications, specifications etc.
Highly desirable qualifications:
- Fluency (read, write and speak) in Japanese language - a huge plus!
- Experience in developing applications/micro-services in cloud environment using tools/technologies like Consul, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins
- Investment banking/finance knowledge is good to have but not mandatory.
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10 Anson Road, #17-10 International Plaza, Singapore 079903