Singapore Others Contract
Our Investment Banking Client is looking for a Unix Engineer to provide technical support and responsible for overseeing the support services provided by the APAC IT Core OS team. They must ensure that the team’s services are delivered on time and aligned to agreed SLAs and processes. The successful candidate will be a member of a dynamic IT team and will work with other IT teams in Asia, Europe and Americas, so must possess strong organisation skills, have great time management, be organized and methodical in their scope of work.
- Responsible for the overall BAU support operations of Core OS systems in APAC (infrastructure in Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan) and regional oversight of the rest of APAC countries.
- Must have a mindset to provide continuous improvements to the team processes and service levels delivered.
- Be risk adverse in change management,
- Focus on mitigating OS vulnerabilities and be eager to improve the monitoring, efficiency, reliability, capacity and quality of all IT services.
- Strive to ensure 100% uptime for all Core IT systems and infrastructure in APAC, taking into account business requirements.
- Able to plan, test and execute Production changes successfully following a robust Change Management process.
- Responsible for updating all live production documentation under their scope.
- Have experience with managing and reducing hardware and software obsolescence across multiple IT platforms.
- Work closely with all major business stakeholders, and any team(s) with direct influence and dependencies.
- Must know how to build strong working relationships with our customers and partners.
- Have proven experience working collaboratively with all teams across all departments and with the attitude to work openly, share information, and keep people regularly informed and avoiding working in silo mode.
- Follow all CIB and Security policies
- Contribute to management reports and dashboards
- Report all variances from Norms and Standards
- Ensure and practice all production Disaster Recovery and BCP processes are in place
- At least 3+ years of technical experience in as many of these operating systems below:
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- IBM AIX
- Good understanding of Centrify environment on the authentication and privilege account management
- Strong knowledge on governance, server build and administration of IT services in cloud-based environments
- Proficiency in handling and/or contribution to complex IT projects.
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team using strong analytical skills
- Demonstrate a systematic and logical approach to problem-solving
- Good presentation and documentation skills
- Ability breaks down complex technical situations and know how to share information depending on the audience – e.g. with non-technical managers, all the way to 3rd level senior system administrators.
- Have knowledge and experience using Agile methodologies and/or has been part of DevOps teams.
- Be service oriented, customer focused, positive, committed and have an enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
- Possess good time keeping skills and attention to detail.
- Be willing to do shift work and some weekends. Also be on call or attend incident calls outside office hours at short notice.
- Relishes taking ownership, being totally hands-on and comfortable directly interfacing with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Able to follow the bank’s standards, processes and procedures.
- Knows ITIL concepts and can apply them effectively.
Other Value-Added Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience with Ansible Tower, Ivanti, Centrify, Veritas and BMC software.
- Experience using or supporting VSAN, iSCSI, DAS, NAS, SAN storage technologies.
- Have good scripting skills, in PowerShell, Python or other programming languages
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10 Anson Road, #17-10 International Plaza, Singapore 079903