Singapore Development Permanent/Contract
We are looking for experienced Java Developer to support our client, a prestigious global investment bank with their Equities Trading Platform. The incumbent will be responsible in analyzing, designing, building and deploying multi-tier, high availability systems globally deployed systems. You are required to assist with the new features needed, to be developed for the FX electronic trading business.
- You will be working in a business focused solutions based development team. You will be expected to play an active role in developing the platform and be able to articulate effectively with all stakeholders.
- As a skilled Core Java developer, you should be capable of taking existing production architecture and ambiguous/changing requirements into stride.
- You will come up with cohesive, intelligent and logical solutions to problems, which not only meet the immediate requirements of the global business, but also provide an avenue for further extension.
- Development is primarily Java based, with peripheral technologies including messaging middleware, Protocol Buffers, UNIX shell scripting, and KDB/Q. Your repertoire should include knowledge of client-server/distributed technologies.
- You will be working in the eFX technology team, helping to analyze, design, build and deploy multi-tier, low-latency and high availability systems globally.
- You will work with an agile delivery model and communicating with other developers both in EMEA and the US as part of a global team.
- Exceptional development skills in Core Java on Linux/UNIX
- Demonstrable experience designing distributed FX electronic-trading applications
- Deep knowledge of electronic FX market microstructure, matching rules, ECN interactions, order flow
- Knowledge or experience of agile development (e.g. XP, SCRUM, Kanban) and continuous integration
- Solid OO design skills with an emphasis on distributed low latency, high availability systems, including algorithmic execution engines, CEP, trade & order lifecycle management, pricing and risk management
- Experience working in a front office e-trading platform development team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess an advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant analytical degree.
- Strong multi-threading skills
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Strong understanding of design patterns including why and where a pattern should be used
- Strong understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application
- Experience with Google Guice framework
- Experience in TCP/IP networking and sockets programming
- Experience with JVM tuning and garbage collection algorithms
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Solid knowledge of contemporary development processes, build environments and testing tools
- Experience in 3rd line production support.
- Comfortable in communicating with business users
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10 Anson Road, #17-10 International Plaza, Singapore 079903