Singapore Database Contract
Our Client Our client is an investment bank and they are looking for a Database administrator (APAC) to set up databases infrastructure architecture and provide Incident troubleshooting / support for the Databases infrastructure.
- Set up Databases infrastructure architecture in APAC (SG, HK, JP, IN) :
- Capacity planning, optimization & upgrade
- Configuration & customisation
- DR/Off country DR strategy planning
- Maintenance & Support:
- Provide Incident troubleshooting and support for the Databases infrastructure, assist providing 2nd level support during night support.
- Working hours 9:00-6:00 calls; Weekend support
- On call support on rota basis
- DB’s performance monitoring and fine-tuning
- DB’s problem management and recovery
- DB’s provisioning and usage control
- Maintain and participate regional DR drills dashboard and charge-out report
- Track and proactively manage Incidents. Identify areas of potential risks.
- Track and maintain assets information to be up-to-date.
- Develop and improve dashboard to meet management and business needs
- Degree B.S preferably in an Information Technology discipline with certified in Oracle or Sybase Database
- At least 6 years’ experience in an IT Function of which 5 years’ experience has been as a DBA
- At least 3 years’ experience in a multi-disciplined IT environment with strong background in service delivery, Production Operational Support
- Strong interpersonal Skills to interact with fellow team members, fellow teams both regionally and local
- Experience in an investment banking-focus business
- Hands on experience with Oracle & Sybase & MSSQL
- Hands on experience with Oracle & Sybase High availability technology (Real Application Clusters, Streams, RMAN, Dataguard, Sybase Replication Servers
- Provide high quality, balanced analysis and advice on a range of issues of considerable complexity within specified SLA
- Take principal responsibility for the identification of key methodological or process issues in the team
- Evaluates solutions critically on the basis of logical assumptions, factual information and chooses appropriate solution
- Good aptitude in comply with ITIL framework (Incident Management, Change Management,)
- Understanding of Business Continuity requirements
- Excellent time management skills
- Participate in identification and root cause analysis of repeating problems and escalation to the responsible party for recovery and future prevention
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10 Anson Road, #17-10 International Plaza, Singapore 079903