Hong Kong Network Contract
Senior Network Engineer
- Maintain and upgrade Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) network and connectivity to other CIB offices, regional exchanges, collocation sites and clients
- Provide network design, solution deployment, and technical documentation for network and security related equipment such as LAN, WAN, Firewall, Load Balancer etc.
- Translates business requirements into technical designs that ensure availability, stability, scalability, security and ensure the solutions comply to Bank’s standard
- Participates in coordination with the Central architecture team to various initiatives such as Proof of Concepts, evaluations and tests. Assures those initiatives are coherent with the Regional constraints
- Understands the Regional business requirements, translates them and elaborates in coordination with the central engineering teams suitable technical solutions in line with the WIN Infrastructure standards.
- Gathers all business requirements, defines, documents and communicates solutions to the appropriate parties and Implements or oversees implementation of those solutions with the central team
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Advanced knowledge of network architecture design, implementation and support
- Practical experience in deploying network and security equipment, such as Cisco routers, switches, wireless infrastructure, firewalls and load balancers
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IP multicast, QoS, VPC, Spanning and Cisco ISE with strong deployment and troubleshooting experience
- Proficiency in managing Checkpoint and Fortinet firewalls
- Familiarity with network monitoring and troubleshooting/analysis tools, such as Solarwind, Netscout InfiniStream, WireShark, NetFluke, ServOne etc.
- Familiarity with Market access across Asia Pacific, and ability to utilize network knowledge and experience to improve network infrastructure performance
- Working knowledge of ITIL framework
- Proficiency in handling complex IT-related projects: from writing a proposal, initiating, & planning projects, to executing, monitoring/controlling projects, until and including project closure.
- Good team and relationship builder with excellent communication skills at all levels
- Excellent document skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Experience and Qualification required
- Holder of CCNP is the minimum requirement
- 5+ years of experience in Network deployment services, with minimum 2 years in finance industry
- Expertise in exchange connectivity and trading network infrastructure design, implementation and support (CCIE is a strong ‘plus’)
- Expertise in Firewall implementation and support (Checkpoint/Fortinet certification is a strong “plus”)
- Client-oriented, strong communication and organization skills
- Expertise in PMI methodology
- Ability to work under pressure and delivery the project on time.
- Fluency in English (French are a ‘plus’)
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10 Anson Road, #17-10 International Plaza, Singapore 079903