Hong Kong Others Permanent
The Head of IT Infrastructure reports directly to the Head of Information Technology in Asia and is based in Hong Kong. It also has dotted line responsibilities into the Head of Infrastructure in London. Responsibilities include the support of the technology management team in Asia, the delivery of technology projects, and ensuring that global standards are met in the region.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all infrastructure activities in the Asia region.
- Act as the liaison between IT staff and management.
- Work with key personnel in each of the business departments in Asia (Trading, Investment Banking, Research, Corporate) to understand their needs and requirements.
- Ensure that all infrastructure systems are running smoothly during production hours and communicate effectively regarding any outages.
- Coordinate global technology projects within the region by managing key tasks and communicating progress to major stakeholders.
- Understand local regulations, define and implement architectures and standards to maintain regulation compliance, and communicate strategy to the global team.
- 5- 10 years of broad experience managing infrastructure areas such as compute and storage platforms, virtualization technologies, networking, telecommunications, information security, desktop technologies (e.g., physical workstations, VDI platforms, laptops), database technologies.
- 3 -5 years of experience with managing infrastructure components in the cloud, especially Amazon’s AWS platform (Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform are a plus).
- 3-5 years of experience working in a financial services firm.
- Project management experience of delivering projects in a corporate environment.
- Strong leadership skills. • Knowledge of the regulatory landscape and associated requirements in Asia as it relates to IT infrastructure. • Ability to explain technical risks in a business context.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
- Hong Kong based and must be willing to travel. • Solid communications skills, fluent in English and preferably in Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) too
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10 Anson Road, #17-10 International Plaza, Singapore 079903