Hong Kong Network Contract
A top-tier investment bank is looking for a Network Operation Engineer to join their team!
- Drive the partners/suppliers to participate actively in daily network operations activities to ensure the stability of the network/voice infrastructure
- Monitor and manage the LAN/WAN network, connectivity between all datacenters, sites and extranets
- Ensures network devices (include firewalls, load balancer etc) firmware and OS are up to standard and apply/upgrade patches on a regular basis.
- Experience on Automating daily network tasks using scripting(Python)
- Responsible to support, configure and manage Cisco Routers and Switches, Checkpoint VPN appliance, Checkpoint Firewall, Load balancers and event correlation appliances throughout the implementation phases of the infrastructure projects
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with Network Architects on network optimization efforts.
- Act as the escalation point for all network operations issues from all parties within the Bank and manage all related communications processes on a real-time 24x7 basis
- Actively engage with business parties and external vendors for managing operations issues
- To provide comprehensive product knowledge on the data technology required to deliver, support the networks infrastructure
- Provide daily level one operation support for telecom services, eg password reset, configuration setup, equipment deployment, etc
- Manage and collaborate with external vendors such as carriers and cabling contractors for daily and project requirements
- Closely coordinate and conform to Change Management policies, process and procedures on any network changes.
- Maintain and update all network related documentation and risk assessments as required
- Assist Architect team on new infrastructure implementations
- Execute on IT projects related existing infrastructure enhancement
- Holder of CCNP is the minimum requirement
- 5+ years of experience in Network services, with minimum 2 years in finance industry
- Expertise in connectivity and data center network infrastructure design, implementation and support (CCIE is a strong ‘plus’)
- Expertise in Firewall implementation and support (Checkpoint certification is a strong “plus”)
- Strong Background in Automation and Tooling.
- Client-oriented, strong communication and organization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and delivery the project on time.
- Fluency in English (French are a ‘plus’)
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10/F., Beverly House, 93-107 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong