Hong Kong Project Management Contract
Our client, a Global Investment Bank, is looking for a Data Center Consultant to join the Enterprise Data Centre team. You will be responsible for supporting any new Datacenter Buildouts in Asia Region. The resource will be coordinating with different IT Team and internal teams to support the new Datacenter’s buildout.
Responsible for overall project coordination with internal teams, contractors, etc. meeting project deliverable milestone.
- Gather hardware requirements BOM (model, delivery dates etc.) from various IT teams
- Build up rack matrix / elevations based on the requirement from different silos
- Co-ordinate with the Datacenter vendors for the buildout of the DC space with respect to the Racks, Cabling installation
- Centralize all installation requests for different IT Teams. Raising Change Management request
- Work closely with different IT third party vendors for equipment delivery. Raise access request to service providers
- Physical rack and stacking of IT equipment (e.g. power connections, patching, iLO configuration) handover to different IT silos
- Knowledge on cabling, Panduit products
- Update equipment inventory management system and rack elevations
- Coordinate and escort Telco carrier vendors for circuit installations. Witness testing
- Coordinate and supervise installation of cabling contractor, witness any cabling testing onsite testing
- Prepare defect lists for different contractors and Service providers installation
- Centralize all decommission requests for different IT silos. Raising change management request
- Work with disposal vendors on equipment disposal, HDD degaussing and update store room inventory records
- Provide weekly reporting on project construction status to regional EDC team
- Document management
- Data Centre Power-down management: coordination with different vendors and all IT silos for DC power down events
- Equipment Disposal: obtain all hardware equipment to be decommissioned from all teams, and work with IT Finance, IT Business Management, IT Security, and approved
- Monitor the Service Now Queue and accept the tickets
- Update Inventory management systems
- Update respective tools to support the operations
- Perform user acceptance testing of any new tools
- Create ad-hoc reports
- Update SharePoint sites
- Proactively identify potential issues and drive resolution to avoid customer impact and facilitate continuous improvement
- Identify opportunities for growth within the customer environment.
- 4-6 years relevant experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Fluent in English and Mandarin would be an additional advantage
- Data center related work experience
- Good understanding of server installation procedure
- Good understanding of data center infrastructure and its resiliency design (UPS, Generator, CRAC, cabling, containment routes, etc). CDCP is a plus
- IT Hardware: (not limited to)
- Cable (UTP/fiber) patchings and testing technique
- Working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and can work under pressure
- Project Management is a plus, such as PMP
- Excellent Communication skills
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10/F., Beverly House, 93-107 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong