Hong Kong Cloud and Virtualization Contract
We are looking to hire a Cloud System Engineer for a Financial Institution company to build, implement and operate IT solutions based on various vibrant technologies such as virtualization, container, JEE based middleware, API gateway, cloud, APM and big data. You are need to have the ability to think creatively, a willingness to learn new things, and the ability to adapt to rapid change in a DEVOPS team.
· Serve as a key technical engineering resource for all digital projects, including the new cloud brokering initiatives, cloud migration, system expansion, system refits, and cloud integrations with new and existing system.
· Participate in all technical activities related to projects and work closely with Project Manager in every phase of cloud-projects lifecycle.
· Design and implement new solutions, services, systems and capabilities to enable Fast IT.
· Serve as the day-to-day operational of OpenShift, AWS and Azure platforms running Java, Node.JS and Python applications with more focus on Azure related technologies.
· Collaborate daily with global team members and other IT teams to troubleshoot and resolve incidents and service requests.
· Help maintain team documentation on processes, how-to and technical information.
· Provide on-call coverage during working hours as part of a rotation, as well as periodic rostered weekend on-call support; Travel occasionally to other AXA offices in ASPAC region.
· Establish and recommend policies on system use and services; Help define offerings, KPIs, monitoring, and overall management of the services.
· Support BAU activities on maintaining cloud-systems availability and up-keep: Setup/Deployment, Change Management, Monitoring, Troubleshooting & Incident resolution. And provide KPI, system performance report, capacity management review and consumption/utilization reports.
· 5+ years of experience in a system operation, application support or consulting role, with a focus on system/application server support & administration.
· Experienced Linux/Wintel sysadmin, skilled at troubleshooting system or network issues.
· Good communication skills in English, written and oral. Technical writing skill is an advantage.
· Experience in delivery a complete solution on Azure; Knowledge of monitoring Azure services is a plus.
· Nice to have: Experience with Ansible, Terraform or similar tools like Puppet or Chef.
· Nice to have: Experience with Kubernetes or Docker-based containers platform.
· Solid Linux or Windows system administration skills; Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)/MCSE level Linux/Windows skills or better, although certifications are not required.
· Extensive technical experiences with middleware and JAVA based application development are great to have.
· Strong understanding of web technology, virtualization, container and cloud-based technologies (e.g: Network Load Balancing, VMWare, Docker, AWS/Azure platform).
· Sounds knowledge and experience about Azure technologies with understanding about Azure AD is a must.
· Understood modern DevOps technologies stack: Jenkins, Ansible, Docker Registry.
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10/F., Beverly House, 93-107 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong