Singapore Helpdesk / Desktop Support Contract
Our Client, A Global Investment bank is looking to hire an experienced Trade Floor Desk Side Engineer to support the banks day to day operations to their traders and general staffs.
- Required to perform relocation, move and change of desktop hardware.
- Work closely with different third party vendors for equipment installation.
- Set up the Desktop PCs and Monitors for all users.
- Perform and document UAT for each workstation.
- Exchanging of Tape backups from tape library.
- Regular team meetings with vendors to provide avenue to highlight issues and review performance.
- Set up new hire desktops including phone & headset set-ups.
- Provide support for various applications used by the bank and also support on standard shrink-wrapped applications such as Microsoft Office based products, Visio, Project, Lync Video etc.
- Support problem pertaining to Microsoft Outlook mail client on user desktops
- Support the firm-approved market data products such as Bloomberg, Reuters, CEIC, Chase etc.
- Keep inventory of all Bloomberg accessories provided to individual users and coordinate with BU admin the return of all accessories for employees that have left the firm.
- New Hardware Asset and Build Services
- Hardware Asset Inventory Management for Technology Disposal
- Maintain inventory details of all assets purchased by the local EI team.
- Supporting of all mobile devices and BYOD devices as approved by the firm and perform basic trouble shooting steps to resolve the problem.
- Coordinate with the third-party vendor for receipt of mobile devices and SIM cards
- Responsible for supporting the co-ordination with the network team (L1/L2) for configuration of network switch port for desktop/multimedia devices/ security devices.
- Coordinating with the voice team for telephone port patching and network port patching.
- Consultant shall coordinate closely with the Telco team to have the extension configured and ready for end users
- Responsible for basic setup of telephones and headsets
- Liaise with the respective third parties where faults for desktop/laptop, phone and headset are identified and help send and receive faulty and replacement parts from the vendor / third party hardware suppliers
- Perform tasks at the start of day to ensure proper functionality of end user computing/voice equipment and services.
- Provide support S1 and VIP Users for all computing equipment and mobile devices in timely and professional manner
- Supporting and coordinating services for power down activity and weekend activities
- Proven 5-year work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with Windows OS environments.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
Monday to Friday (2 shifts)
07:00hrs – 16:00hrs
12:00hrs – 19:00hrs
08:00hrs – 12:00hrs
Connect with Top Solutions Consultants in the IT Industry!
10 Anson Road, #17-10 International Plaza, Singapore 079903