Japan Others Permanent
Our client in Online Payment Domain is looking for Integration Engineer to join the fun and amazing team in Tokyo Office. The Integration Engineer is a key member of the integration team who provides guidance, consultation, best practices during the integration phases of any project and post live support of selected (10-20) major merchants to drive issue management as a technical point of contract. Working alongside Sales team and Customer Success Management team, the Integration Engineer provides technical consultancy to enable company diverse product set within unique merchant environments.
Interacts directly with our clients, merchants, partners and developers to recognize and
articulate business requirements and how best to implement company solutions, while
adhering to company guidelines and company policies.
• Act as main technical point of contact for all implementation-related activities throughout the
integration effort. Facilitate setting up test accounts, provide technical development and coding
support, and guide the client through testing and pre-launch activities.
• Be the “Voice of the Customer” and relay constructive feedback to Product Managers,
Engineering, Technology and other internal groups on ease of use and new functionality. Work
with internal teams on any required feature enhancements or to address any solution gaps.
• Work in partnership with Solution Engineers and Solution Architects to integrate proposed
company solutions into the client commerce platforms.
• Works with key internal stakeholders, including Product Management, Risk, Payments, etc. to
address specific customer business requirements or new product features.
• Work closely with internal teams including compliance, privacy, risk, information security,
support and operations to ensure all aspects of a partner or merchant launch are managed
• Identify and define integration specific best practices
• Ensure partners implement optimal integration strategies, techniques and user experience best
• Ability to diagnose and identify issues with API’s, Code, Services, and Network connectivity.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in finance and computer science.
• 3+ years of experience/exposure in the following areas:
• Web and mobile technologies including Web Services, APIs, REST, HTML/HTTP, iOS, Android and
leading web and mobile application frameworks.
• Ability to successfully interact and dynamically adapt to communication styles with all levels of
client organizations including C-level executives, middle management, finance and operations,
technical/IT staff, and line personnel.
• Ability to translate requirements into detailed design and solution documents.
• Ability to quickly assess and troubleshoot most integration issues
• Effective time management skills to work with multiple external customers concurrently.
• Self –learner for most of the topics on new products with proficiently designed solutions and
deliver integrations with both off the shelf and customized products.
• Strong presentation skills (Presenting to Business units and Technical teams)
• Enjoys solving complex technical challenges that may be required to get company products and
services to work end-to-end in our Partners’ environments.
• While always respecting a healthy work life balance, is prepared for off business hours
escalations if necessary, while being aware and work with geographic time sensitivities when
triaging your tasks.
• Native level Japanese and Business level English (at least reading/writing)
• Less than 10% domestic travel. International travel is not expected