Japan Others Permanent
Reporting into the APAC Wholesale Production Services head of Data Services this is a key role working in a pressurized environment and demands an individual with flexibility, acumen and the ability to assimilate lots of information quickly, with focus on Incident and Problem Management.
- Provide support services for Reference Data platforms and the proprietary distribution platform - this includes ownership to completion of all reported issues and requests, application monitoring and consumer and end user support
- Extensive interaction with Enterprise Data Management, Middle Office, Back Office and Compliance etc.
- Partner with application development and support teams to ensure smooth delivery of platform changes and upgrades
- Interaction with core infrastructure technology groups to ensure management and maintenance of application dependent core infrastructure
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to take a deep dive into investigations
- Drive automation and operational efficiencies
- Maintain team knowledge base of known issues, steps required to address particular issues asks, documentation of new processes and general updates to keep content current
- Ensure incident management procedures are followed for each and every reported issue to strengthen the knowledge base, and generation of KPIs for decision making and understanding application trends.
- Minimum 6 to 7 years’ experience in Application production services.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Must have strong research, investigation & evaluation skills, with a structured approach to problem solving.
- Sound knowledge of UNIX, Shell Scripting, Sybase SQL, Java, Perl & Python.
- Proficiency at understanding, writing and using SQL
- Must have Excellent analytical and communication skills including ability to provide clear and concise status to users, consumers and leadership.
- Able to handle a fast paced production environment.
- Experience in Job scheduling software like Autosys.
- Experience of monitoring software and maintaining and improving rulebases.
- Be able to work in close collaboration with Infrastructure Support, application developers, offshore Core support resources, application Managers and developers