Japan Helpdesk / Desktop Support Contract
We are looking for an experienced IT Desktop and Server Support Engineer to join our office in Japan to support in our existing projects. This is a role based in our Tokyo office as part of our IT Desktop and Server Support engineering team and will provide in-house and on-site support, handle technical inquiries and provide up to level 3 (depending on business needs) technical support on Desktop, Server and Networking issues to both the the company Tokyo Office and its clients.
• In Office and Remote support for the company Offices.
• On-site and remote support for local clients and other Regions within APAC.
• Handle technical inquiries and provide tier 1 & 2 solutions.
• Provide IT helpdesk, desktop, and infrastructure support.
• Provide Desktop relocation support for trading floor.
• Document all reported incidents and service requests via ticketing system.
• Provide on demand hands and feet infrastructure support for the region when necessary.
• Occasionally provide IT Support during non-office hours.
• Assist and train users to improve the user experience with various IT products.
• Assist with Install, move, add and change of desktops, servers and other infrastructure hardware.
• Report Preparation & Updates as requested.
• Responsible for supporting end user software such as PCR, Windows Office, Audio, Video Conferencing etc.
• Vendor Management and Support.
• Work with SR Engineers and the company Solutions Consultants for vendor hardware pricing, client support overview, sales pitches, and overall project support.
• Application support (L1 to L2)
- MS Office with core focus on MS Outlook and Excel
- MS Excel plugins (knowledge in ThinkCell and CapitalIQ is a plus but not required)
- SAP installation and configuration - Box Sync
- Video and Audio conferencing applications - Adobe Acrobat
• Hardware support (L1 to L2)
- Multiple displays
- Japanese keyboard configuration
- Network Printer setup and installation
- Headset (PC and IP Phone)
• PC Image Deployment (L1 to L2)
• Windows 7 and 10
• Desktop and Laptop
• Experience in SmartDeploy imaging tools is a plus but not required
• Network and application user administration
• IPhone and IPad configuration and maintenance support
• Basic to Mid level understanding of the following:
• Active Directory (account and Group Management)
- Exchange server (user mailbox creation and support)
- Cisco networking (IPs ad Subnets, Access points and cabling)
- Windows servers 2008/2012/2016
- Virtualization (ESX)
- VDI (VMware Horizon)
- Voice and Telephony (knowledge in Avaya, Polycom and LifeSize is a plus)
- Enterprise and in-house application support
• Audio and Video Conferencing technology (knowledge in Zoom, Codecs, LifeSize UVC and Crestron is a plus)
• Able to communicate with local IT vendors for system support and services and equipment purchasing
• Provide support for at least 30 local; desktop users and visitors from across the region (experience in supporting executive level users is a plus but mot required)
• Experience in document management is a plus
• Prefer business level in Japanese or JLPT n3 certified language capability
• Business level English is a must