Japan Database Permanent
An exciting and challenging position with exposure to a broad spectrum of technology.
The core database group is responsible for managing and engineering the company’s global RDBMS solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience with managing MySQL version 5.0+ on Linux.
Excellent communication skills are required since the group interfaces with all levels of the business up to and including the CEO. Additionally the role requires excellent troubleshooting skills, the ability to work under pressure and the ability to innovate whilst being sympathetic to change management process that governs the management of production resources.
Since the group is global and provides services using a “follow the sun” model, the successful candidate must be an excellent team player able to both pass on and assume responsibility for tasks that require follow up activity across time zones.
Database Administrator Skills Matrix
- 3 years+ experience a DatabaseAdministrator.
- In depth knowledge of MySQL.
- Day to day management activities, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Unix scripting. Strong knowledge of at least one of Bash, Ksh, Perl, Ruby, PHP
- Transaction processing
- Adherence to change management processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of supporting Java applications an advantage.
MySQL Database Administrator Skills Matrix
- Backups and Restores
- Performance and Tuning
- Stored Procedures.
- Any, or all of the Engines, Innodb, XtraDB, PBXT, Archive, Infobright