Japan Development Permanent
Our client, a large information processing company, needs talented Ruby developers to not only contribute to software development, but take a leadership role in the technical aspects of their ambitious projects. Based in Tokyo, Japan, the position combines the technicality of software development with project management, providing an excellent career move for those wishing to upgrade their portfolio and Japanese skills. Business features include: • "TechStars", which provides job change support specialized for IT engineers, and freelance. • Independent support and project providing (matching) service "Midworks" • Lifestyle magazine for IT personnel, focusing on the operation of employment support business for IT engineers • Developed media business such as "Mayonez".
· Development around operation efficiency (in-house system)
· Education for beginner engineers
· Source review
· Technology selection
· Maintenance (when each PJ is not available)
· Possibility of doing contract development
· Strong programming background, with minimum 5 years of core Java experience
· Bilingual (English primary + Japanese business - N2)
· Strong database skills (Sybase or any other)
· Strong Excel/Access/VBA skills
· Strong Fixed Income product knowledge (bonds)
· An outstanding track record of delivering high quality code in an aggressive, development environment, demonstrated result-driven and ability to succeed within a disciplined, high-productivity, low-overhead development process
· Experience building multithreaded real-time systems with high volume of messages using Tibco EMS / RV / IBM MQ or similar middleware, handling XML message parsing, building, publishing
· Familiar with design patterns and multi-tier enterprise application architecture
· Familiar with scheduling agents like Autosys, etc.
· Unit testing (JUnit, Mock frameworks)
· Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
· Team player, able to work effectively within a global team
· Good concepts including SDLC and best practices, distributed transaction processing, test-driven design, database migration strategies, work-flow systems, excellent analytical ability, and experience in analysing and defining technical requirements from business documentation.
· Ability to quickly respond to queries and production issues when called in for help by the support team
· Some amount of .Net experience will be a plus
· Some amount of experience in C/C++ and/or Delphi would be preferred as we have legacy systems written in these technologies.
· Experience with reporting tools like iReports will be a plus; experience with Cloud/DevOps tools will be a plus