Japan Development Contract
Insurance sector client seeking a cutting edge Android developer.
Work closely with product management and design teams to create innovative applications on the Android platform.
• Develop new applications, design, implement features and functionality.
• Design, code, and debug the Android app - you’ll own your feature work end-to-end.
• Focus on UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
• Work with outside data sources and API’s
• Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, high–performance, consumer-facing products.
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Work as part of an Agile/Scrum based development team to achieve sprint deliverables and acceptance criteria
• Ability to work independently and proactively.
• Onboard and mentor new team members
• 5+ years in relevant work experience.
• 5+ years building Android applications.
• Have experience with low level Android development.
• Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
• Understanding of Android Design Principles
• Experience with RESTful API access, handling JSON and XML
• Experience with Android Platform APIs and 3rd party libraries.
• Experience with app development for multiple screen sizes
• Experience in understanding code bases, including API design techniques.
• Knowledge of Java and Android internals, such as multi-threading, memory management and caching.
• Experience with Automated Testing
• Proficiency using a modern version control system to accomplish release and configuration management
• Be eager to help your teammates, share your knowledge with them, and learn from them.
• Be open to receiving constructive feedback.
• Some iOS development experience or willingness to learn
• Published Android Apps on Google Play.
• Experience developing and shipping mobile apps and/or mobile devices.
• Experience working with a cross-functional team.
• Experience in Agile methodology, such as SCRUM