Japan Server Permanent
Mid to Senior level infrastructure engineer who has hands on experience with diverse scope of various technologies, including but not limited to Servers (Virtual/Physical), Storage, operating system life cycle, network configurations, automation, and orchestration.
· Designs infrastructure solutions following industry best practices including security, high availability and performance considerations
· Handles complex communication with technical and business partners outside engineering group
· Piloting and testing new solutions including compatibility testing and documentation.
· Documents best practices including designs, upgrades and deployments
· Partners with varies IT and business department to identify needs, opportunities and solutions.
· Acts as a point of contact for global teams to ensure local and global best practice align
· Establishes and updates local standards and best practice within own technical area.
· Participates in high level and detailed server / enterprise server or storage design, engineering, virtualization and optimization.
· Develop strategies and direction for server or storage systems solutions using current and emerging technologies.
· Evaluate and recommend new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies
· Performance testing and benchmarking of various servers, network and storage systems.
· Identification and resolution of complex server or storage problems (Tier 3 support) utilizing structured trouble-shooting tools and techniques.
· Status reporting (availability, performance capacity utilization)
· Participates in the development of project plans.
· Familiar with change management concepts.
· Participates in disaster recovery planning.
· Analysis and implement job scheduling and system life cycle patch management tools and best practices.
· Optimize business processing, minimize manual work
· Train, mentor, and provide technical guidance to junior associates on topics related to technical domain
· Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline with 4+ years of hands on experience.
· Experience within infrastructure as code, system administrating and engineer.
· Technologies such as WebSphere, Containers, VMware, and other cloud services.
· Strong communications skills in both English and Japanese. Must be able to read and write Japanese emails, presentations, and documentation.
· Motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to resolution.
· Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
· Highly motivated to learn new technologies and evaluate its application in the company.
· Well organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
· Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.
· Strong skills in scripting and automation with PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.
· Strong skill in virtualization, containers, Windows servers, Linux servers, Storage systems, backup and replication systems.
· Preferably holding an active system engineering related certification such as:
o Red Hat or Linux Certified
o Microsoft Certified Professional
VMware Certified Professional