Japan Server Permanent
Plans and leads deployment of applications, associated tools and best practices with an initial focus on IBM WebSphere, Containers and Bamboo of CI/CD. Provides technical leadership and design, development, implementation and consulting to the organization to improve end-to-end delivery speed. Responsible to plan, lead, document and integrate complex tool software and features strategies and solutions with related technical groups. Conducts complex problem prevention, resolution and integration planning
For straightforward problems, designs solutions including security, availability and performance
• Plans and executes broad resolutions to recurring problems and regulatory changes
• Troubleshoots issues after escalation on within technical area of responsibilities
• Handles moderately complex communication with technical and business partners outside engineering group
• Function tests new solutions and tool releases and fixes, including compatibility testing and documentation of steps and issues.
• Performs advanced tests and documents best practices, including plans upgrade and path deployments
• Partners with application development, operations and customers to identify needs, opportunities and solutions, for example using advanced features
• Acts as a point of contact for global teams to ensure local and global best practice align
• Establishes and updates local standards and best practice within own technical area
• Partners with application development and security teams to modernize policies, rules and processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 5-15 or more years work experience in IT.
• 6 years or more experience within content management as a developer, administrator, engineer, consultant or a middleware technologist in WebSphere, Containers and Bamboo
• Communicates effectively within the engineering team and with other technical and business teams
• Has the motivation and ability to carry out complex problem-solving to resolution.
• Has the aptitude for planning, implementing and debugging software and related tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
• Well organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.
• Must have certification or equivalent experience on designing, building, configuring and managing WebSphere