Singapore Development Permanent
Our client, an international investment bank is looking for Software Developer for application transaction processing, settlements, asset servicing for equities and fixed income products. We are now seeking a senior developer to join the feature teams in Singapore. The successful candidate will partner with stakeholders from business, technology, and operations to execute complex and time-critical projects within the Securities domain. The candidate will be actively involved in developing solutions on our classic and strategic systems as per user requirements. Our next generation strategic systems are written in Scala and using Event Sourcing. We use Scrum and Kanban agile delivery methodologies, with a focus on ATDD/BDD & TDD. Therefore, the candidate should have sound knowledge of these technologies and delivery methodologies.
- Independently engage with stakeholders (business, compliance, Ops and technology partners at all levels) to understand and document requirements, develop functional and technical specifications and work with onshore and offshore development teams to implement requirements.
- Develop robust and scalable technology solutions to business problems using modern software development best practices.
- Collaborate with global teams to design and build new functionalities in relevant languages and/or other shared (and existing) platforms that align with our blueprint.
- Clearly communicate technical details effectively across disciplines and teams, including to senior leadership.
- Collaborate, coach and mentor team of highly motivated technologists
- Professional experience developing solutions with Scala/Java. Well versed with both OOPS and Functional programming principles.
- Strong development expertise and understanding of event sourcing and CQRS principles.
- Experienced in using design patterns and following best software engineering practices.
- An understanding of fundamental algorithms and ability to optimize the existing code.
- Experience in writing Specification by Example / Feature Files / ATDD / BDD.
- Experience in SDLC automation tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, GitHub, Artifactory and Ansible.
- Follows clean code principles.
- Rigorously adheres to Test Driven Development practices including continual integration.
- Experience of Scrum/Agile methods.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, communication & collaborative working skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills to support and shape the platform and clearly articulate technical designs and concepts.
- Knowledge of Kafka/AMPS messaging infrastructure and database programming is a plus.
- Good understanding of capital markets especially securities trade processing, clearing, settlements is a plus.