Japan Others Permanent
The Dispatch Field Service Engineer performs on-site break fix and IMAC activities associated with installing, maintaining and servicing computer-related products at customer sites covering 7x24 hours by using standard methods, techniques and tools applicable to the area in which they are working. Equipment support includes Servers, Storage and SAN Switches, Laptops/Desktops Network/Wan optimization equipment etc.
Provide hardware break fix service and support for Servers, Storage, Networks, desktops, handheld
• devices and laptops.
• Install and configure Servers, Storage, Networks, PCs/laptops and peripherals.
• Install and setup OS and peripherals application.
• Perform installs, moves, adds and changes as required.
• Provide follow-up on problems or escalation.
• Maintain a high degree of professionalism in actions and demeanor.
• Proficient and experience in enterprise system/hardware troubleshooting and problem resolution, including Desktop/Laptop break-fix. Which include multi-vendor hardware support for servers and storage device.
• Diploma or Degree in electronics or computer engineering with at least Five (5) years of computer hardware break fix service experience for Enterprise Server and Storage products, desktops and laptops.
• Extensive experience supporting and building relationships with a range of clients & strong customer support experience.
• Strong experience working as part of a team and also working individually.
• Willingness to work Overtime after hour/Sat/Sun/public holidays and 7x24 standby duty.
• Willingness and ability to work in changing shifts on a regular basis and availability to work outside of 9am-9pm window.
• Experience in hardware break fix servicing for storage devices such as DELL/EMC and NetApp is a prerequisite.
• Knowledge and experience in supporting Microsoft OS, VMware, Linux, UNIX, etc is a prerequisite.
• Familiar with Enterprise Backup application/s.
• Relevant technical certification such as MCSE, VMware, Comptia or Linux is preferred.
• Excellent analytical and client communication skills.
• Ability to achieve set calls per day target.
• Willingness to travel to client locations every day, with in assigned city and outside the assigned city is a must.
• Depending on assigned location of work a private vehicle and a valid driving license is a prerequisite.
• Typically, this is required in locations like non-metro areas where access to local train/bus network is not available.
• Ability to communicate (Read/Write) in English & Japanese preferred.