Japan Others Contract
Our client is the faster, safer way to pay and get paid online. The service allows people to send money without sharing financial information, with the flexibility to pay using their account balances, bank accounts, credit cards or promotional financing. With 165 million active accounts in 203 markets and 26 currencies around the world, our client enables global ecommerce. The company’s Technical Account Management team consists of experts creating and sustaining technical relationship with some of the biggest Enterprise merchants of the company. This is a client facing team working with the company’s Engineering, Product, Sales, Operations and Legal organizations. You will use your technical leadership combined with your customer success mentality and cross-functional collaborative skills to drive value for our merchants and the company. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-learner and leader who is passionate about creating delightful experiences for our merchants. This role is based out of our Tokyo, Japan office and is part of the company’s Global Professional Services (GPS) organization. GPS delivers technical solutions, experience design, integration and post live technical services to drive product adoption and quality servicing to our customers.
In this role, the Technical Account Manager will manage a portfolio of top large merchants in Japan. This role provides many opportunities for creative and challenging problem solving.
• Act as the primary point-of-contact for all technical activities post launch for managed merchants. Do hands-on troubleshooting and ensure that their day-to-day technical challenges are resolved in a timely and professional manner.
• Pro-actively monitor the company’s Integration health for managed merchants with real time monitoring tools.
• Conduct regular technical account reviews, product trainings and workshops, and on-site visits to managed merchants providing insights and analytics.
• Be an expert in the company’s products and their underlying architecture and provide effective technical consultation to managed merchants. Be the voice of merchants at the company helping with their feature request prioritization.
• Advocate new products adoption as well as identify new opportunities where the company’s products and technologies can better fit in merchants’ strategy and architecture.
• Effectively communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
• Assist merchants in their upgrades and migration by providing consultative services to ensure their long-term success.
• Represent the client as the technical relationship manager, working closely with the business relationship manager. Develop strong working relationships across all levels and functions.
• Advocate for the team and represent team's interests when working with other internal teams and stakeholders.
• Document whitepapers and best practices to share with the broader technical community.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of prior experience as a technical consultant, Sales engineer or Support engineer, preferably in Professional Services.
• Proficient in the following technical areas:
• Working knowledge of Mobile platforms (iOS, Android) and Unix environment.
• Working knowledge of SQL and data analysis.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills including speaking
• Strong customer focus with an ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment.
• Ability to work and collaborate in a global and remote environment.
• Experience in payments domain is preferred. Prior experience working with Enterprise Customers is a great plus.