Japan Others Permanent
The Solution Engineer is responsible for implementing IT infrastructure technology solution that addresses a specific business capability, opportunity or problem, considering elements from information, application and technology architecture domains. The Solution Engineer manages and plans the work before and during system implementations. The Solution Engineer works side-by-side in a bilingual environment with the application, engineering and information operations teams
• Captures explicit and implicit business and application requirements and transforms into explicit infrastructure requirements.
• Designs, specifies and selects information system solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
• Ensures and demonstrates that technical solutions comply to local and global requirements.
• Identifies and documents solutions and limitations with solution, specially derived risks, issues, assumptions and interdependencies.
• Establishes and maintains global or local standards for technical deliverables considering existing technologies and systems.
• Leverages and makes best use of both the internal IT group and Business networks to ensure solutions meet expectations not only for the project but also for the corporate strategy.
• Proactively acts as single point of contact for global teams.
• Encourages innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, including outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity.
• Collaborates with global and local teams on best practices, lessons learned and consistently update the technical roadmap planning and delivery based on changing technologies, and knowledge.
• Acts as main technical planning role within projects and reference focal point for technical project members.
• Contributes to the demand management phase by managing the development of the technical scope, clarification of desired outcomes, accurate and realistic cost benefits analyses, and decisions required to finalize planned technical scope for project portfolio and projects.
• Contributes to the project plan by defining the overall technical scopes, requirements, tasks, interdependencies, risks and issues within design documents.
• Ensures that non-technical project members and other staff understand the reasons for technical selection to ensure effective communication to the business.
• Reviews the technical design created by implementation teams and ensures its alignment with the solution architecture.
• 7+ years of professional IT experience multiple areas of IT including areas such as IT infrastructure, operations, system integration and software development.
• Experience with large scale heterogeneous multinational IT environments with 1000+ servers and hundreds of applications.
• Experience with formal architectural frameworks such as TOGAF is a plus.
• 5+ years of implementation and preferably operational experience with some or all of below
• Apache, IBM HTTP Server
• WebSphere, Tomcat, IIS
• Informatica ETL, IIB, IBM DataPower, MQ, FileNet, HULFT
• Oracle Enterprise Edition, SQL Server, MongoDB
• CA SSO, Splunk
• Docker Enterprise Edition
• VMware vSphere
• Microsoft Azure
• Network Load balancing and content acceleration
• Network Perimeter Security
• 5+ years of working experience in information technology industry is a plus.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline is a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Japanese.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to effectively convey concepts to business and technology peers as well as senior management.
• Highly motivated to learn new technologies and evaluate its application in our company.
• Well organized and able to work independently with minimal direction.
• Ability to work simultaneously on multiple large, complex projects in a team setting as a facilitator and team member.