Hong Kong Network Permanent
We are sourcing for a Network Engineer for a top-tier investment bank for their internal expansion.
- Part of a team responsible for the development of network strategy, architecture, and design around Data technologies not limited to WAN, LAN, Unicast/Multicast, MPLS/VPLS, Switches, Routers, Wireless Access.
- Accountable for gathering enterprise-wide system requirements and mapping requirements to enterprise Data network strategies
- Responsible for the design, planning and implementation of these strategies
- Support development and maintenance of the future architecture roadmap for the Data network based on service development and demand to support existing and evolving network service requirements
- Support strategic analysis and forward view of technology evolution and its impact on legacy network. Ensure the network capability meets engineering, product and operational requirements and the design’s adherence to standardization of bank’s network infrastructure
- Support the enhancement, consolidation and continuous technology refresh of network infrastructure driving improvement in performance, scalability, reliability, cost reduction while supporting present and future services
- Responsible for lab and field testing as well as supporting the evaluation of new technologies and vendor offerings
- Provide operational support to Network operations as needed on design aspects and support escalations
- Work closely with global teams and introduce best practice requirements on the process and network infrastructure to the region
- Collaborate with external vendors such as carriers and cabling contractors for project requirements
- At least 6 years work experience in either the financial or telecommunications industry with an excellent understanding of Data Network technologies and Network Design and implementation
- In-depth knowledge on common routing protocols and WAN technologies including but not limited to BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, Mulitcast, MPLS/VPLS.
- Hands on working experience in the design of complex networks supporting data, voice and video, WLAN in a converge environment.
- Broad IT and network related knowledge on DHCP/DNS, TACACS/RADIUS, VPN would be an advantage
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Cisco Certification of CCIE or equivalent
- Ability to translate business requirements into comprehensive systems architecture definition
- Experience in Change, Incident, Problem, and Capacity Management in banking industry (preferably with ITIL Foundation certification)
- Understand risk management and work closely with the Bank information security and risk teams
- Knowledge in regulatory requirements on IT infrastructure, security and local regulatory requirements in Asia is a plus.), automation tools (Ansible, …) and Continuous Delivery framework