Hong Kong Big Data Contract
Our client, A well-known finance firm, is looking for a Data Engineer. The selected candidate will be tasked designing and developing a brand new data pipeline & data lake within their cloud-based Big Data Platform for the firm, and promotes to different line of business. Great opportunity to join if you a looking for build from scratch exp. with stability in a sizable firm.
- Designing and developing highly paralleled Big Data ingestion and processing pipeline, which able to process massive real time financial data.
- Evaluate and deploy data quality framework to measure and improve data quality.
- Engage with business data steward and business users to design appropriate data pipelines.
- Work closely with Site Reliability Engineers and Product Managers to deliver software in a continuous delivery environment
- Strong academic background with a Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics or other quantitative fields
- Hands-on experience in the research, design and evaluation of machine learning approaches (regression, clustering, SVM, neural networks and dimensionality reduction techniques) to solve real world problems
- Proficiency in Java/ SQL/ Python; with familiarity in ML packages such as Tensorflow, PyTorch etc.
- Hands-on experience in Big Data analysis platform such as Apache Spark or Nifi, and experience of semantic queries and Graph data models
- Knowledge in design and implementation of data infrastructure on AWS or GCP
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and results to a non-technical audience and a keen interest in understanding business requirements