Japan Helpdesk / Desktop Support Permanent
Our client, a multi-national Investment Bank is looking for an experienced Equities Application Support Engineer to work in the global functional team that is responsible for production services support and release management across Equity Lines of Business (LOB) for Cash Equities, Derivative linked products, F&O and Prime Brokerage/Securities Lending. Tradeplant is part of the wider Global Markets Research Technology (GMRT) Group which is responsible for application delivery and support for the investment bank’s Global Markets LOBs. You will act as the lead technical resource for migration efforts seeking to replace existing server infrastructure with compliant hardware and operating systems. This individual will support planning and execution of the migration and provide operational support subsequently until the application is considered stable in its new environment and handed off to BAU support teams.
- Experienced with supporting ITRS monitoring system.
- Evaluates existing infrastructure to capture detailed server configuration, application specifications, and upstream/downstream dependencies.
- Leads the implementation of compliant migration infrastructure through planning, execution, and operational phases.
- Identifies technical risks / weaknesses in existing infrastructure and works with TradePlant LSE and ECT&O to mitigate them.
- Communicates closely with Project Manager to ensure planning and time estimates remain accurate, problems are tracked and resolved, appropriate resources are engaged as needed.
- Creates detailed plans for testing and validation to ensure successful go-live of migration infrastructure
- Ensures change management procedure is followed, including creation of CRQ and follow-up with change approvers.
- Following “day1” operational phase, cleanly hand-off operational duties to TP Operations.
- Provides adequate run-book documentation for the operations team to follow after handover.
- Strong working knowledge and subject matter expertise in at least one of the following disciplines:- UNIX, Networks, Databases, Storage, Messaging / Middleware, Market Data with relevant experience in the rest
- Knowledge of processes, procedures and prices for basic infrastructure components such as servers, storage, network, market data, desktop packaging
- Knowledge of/relationships with the infrastructure architecture and engineering best practices, engagement management, operations and engineering teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong general consulting/project management skills (e.g. ability to help clients translate goals into infrastructure requirements, write statements of work, marshal resources, project management, scope control, risk management)
- Problem solving skills e.g. ability to lead root cause analysis, recognize and rescue a project in trouble; ability and willingness to escalate when milestones are missed or jeopardized
- Deep working knowledge of development and infrastructure process lifecycles.
- Subject matter expertise in both critical trading application and infrastructure architecture patterns
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Ability to develop effective presentations in PowerPoint and technical documentation in Visio
- Demonstrated ability to Work well in a team and matrix management environments
- Problem solving skills e.g. ability to lead root cause analysis, repair a project in trouble, escalate when project milestones are missed/jeopardized