Hong Kong Network Contract
We are currently looking for a network engineer on behalf of a top-tier investment bank.
- Responsible for Network Operation Support, infrastructure design and projects deployment
- Responsible for having an operational up-to-date DR, documented and tested from network & telecoms perspective - Ensure functioning of network and telecoms in APAC, focus on business requirement
- Monitors and maintains the performance and availability of the APAC Network Infrastructure. Acts as the main point of contact in Region for any major operational subjects and incidents.
- Install, configure, and maintain network and related technology infrastructure environments in accordance with the Bank’s standards.
- Perform analysis required to define reporting requirements (e.g., Performance, Capacity, Change management).
- Perform system network engineering, design and validation.
- Provide daily operations support and maintenance for network and related information technology assets.
- Document all aspects of the network infrastructure and keep documentation up to date.
- Proactively monitor network and related system information technology assets, assessing and making recommendations for improvement
- Min 8 years exposure to Cisco platforms (Nexus, 7600, 6800, 6500, 7200,ISR ASR, 3560, 3750, 4948,…), and routing protocols (MPLS-VPN, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS)
- Min 5 years in Network Design and Operation in LAN and WAN environments
- Min 3 years in Network Monitoring tools - Experience in Firewall support (Checkpoint certification is a strong “plus”) - Experience in Load balancer support (F5 certification is a strong “plus”) - Self-starter - Ability to work under pressure - Fluency in English (Cantonese/Mandarin and/or French are a ‘plus’)
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities - Has knowledge of the Cisco, Checkpoint, FortiNet, F5 hardware platforms, of its capabilities, limitations and performances - Has an expert knowledge of the LAN/WAN Protocols such as TCP, UDP, MPLS, QoS, BGP, IS-IS and OSPF
- Has experience in troubleshooting complex problems and analysing troubleshooting data (Pcaps, netflow, syslogs, monitoring systems)