Hong Kong Others Contract
Our client is Japan’s largest multinational banking and financial services company which has provides corporates, financial institutions, investors and public-sector clients with value-added integrated financial solution. We are assisting to source for a Market Data Administrator to support a regional team based in Hong Kong.
BU Relationship Management
• Maintain ongoing relationship with senior managers within the business unit.
• Requires in-depth understanding of the market data requirements of the business as well as broad knowledge of the optimum sources available to facilitate planning for future actions.
• Provide data analysis, advice, guidance, education on market data products and spend drivers to influence business unit strategy for market data services.
• Maintain understanding of end user requirements via end user contact, product trials, market data reviews, execution of product replacement strategies
• Match best product to user needs
• Develop and execute cost management programs such as removal of under utilized services and implementation of job function profiling
Vendor Knowledge and Management
• Maintain in depth knowledge of vendor strategy, vendor account plans and product roadmaps
• Manage strategic direction for product demonstrations, pilots, competitive displacement opportunities
• Liaison point between the business unit and the global sourcing team for global contract renewals to identify potential action based on new costs, features, or requirements.
• Partner with Finance to ensure BU understanding of cost allocations and finance methodologies
• Provide explanations of cost drivers and make recommendations to effect change to the BU cost profile and drive toward initiative deadlines
• Create and maintain reporting on business unit market data inventories and product utilization both at a summary and detailed level
• Produce management summaries for initiatives and projects
Data Compliance Management
• Maintain relationship with AeJ exchanges to keep updates on policies or products that would affect our operations
• Partner with IT to ensure data usage is always in compliance with the requirements from exchanges/ vendors.
• Utilize business unit and vendor knowledge to create and advocate for strategic cost management and best-fit product choice initiatives such as vendor displacement, product upgrades, and business unit market data audits
- Ability to communicate at all business levels
- Ability to work under pressure with a high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to details
- Team player who is self-sufficient, flexible to demanding change in priorities and can expedite work to business unit timelines in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to develop and advocate for recommendations/solution implementation; critical thinking and translation of business needs to actionable items; ability to analyse undefined requirements and clarify to specific tasks and deliverables
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Good Product knowledge (data content and functionality) for the broad range of providers serving the institutional, wealth management and IBD users is desirable.