Japan Development Permanent
Our client, a Top Tier Investment Bank, is looking for an Equity Derivatives C# Developer, Associate to join their global team in Tokyo. The successful candidate should have solid experiences in C# / .Net developments (preferably in equity derivatives trading/risk domain with top tier global investment banks), highly enthusiastic and self-motivated, can handle and solve complex problems independently, understand the concept of agile, scrum , TDD, SOA & various design patterns. Business/product & regulatory knowledge is a plus. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious experienced developer who is eager to work closely with FO business users, stakeholders, quants and other global project teams throughout the organization. The candidate will be part of the global equity derivatives team, and reports to the regional development manager in Asia.
• Participates in regional/global development and project meetings
• Work with BA/PM or end users to gather and review user requirements, provide suggestions on design and enhancements
• Follow global development/change management standards to deliver quality enhancements/solutions in timely manner
• Participate in development, code reviews, & post mortem activities.
• Participate in Rota for release management & provide 2nd / 3rd level support
Be a good team player to ensure a cohesive culture to effectively solve local/global business problem while building strategic platform for Global Equities.
· Be a key partner of the Equities production services team to help ensure maximum up time of systems and minimize impact to businesses when issues occur.
? Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or engineering
? 5+ years of C# development experience with a preference in equity derivatives trading/risk domain
? Ability to work with global teams in matrix reporting environment with strong interpersonal skills
? Ability to cope with rapid front-office business needs and to deal with changing priorities
? Ability to communicate and act professionally with IT staff and business clients while under strict deadlines.
? Strong verbal and written communication skills at multiple levels with strong status reporting skills
? Strong analytical skills
? Fluent written and spoken English (Japanese is a plus but not mandatory)
? Understanding of trading and risk management with a preference in the equities/derivatives space.
? Working knowledge of Asia equities would be a preference.
? Excellent programming skills in C#, good at other language like Java, Python or C++ is a plus
? Understanding of infrastructure requirements for local/global delivery platforms.
? Understanding of messaging infrastructures.
? Understanding of compute farms, distributed caching and computing
? Understanding of relational database technologies, SQL / Stored Proc